Monaco Fans Offered Beds By Dortmund As Champions League Game Was Postponed After Blast On Bus
The explosions that hit the team-bus of Borussia Dortmund shocked the entire football world and Tuesday’s Champions League quarter-final tie was also postponed following the attack.
Due to this, the Monaco fans had to stay another night in the German city, and considering the situation, the Dortmund counterparts offered the visitors emergency accommodation showing solidarity through the hashtag #bedforawayfans on social media.
— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) April 11, 2017
— Vespafoto (@vespafoto) April 11, 2017
— AS MONACO ?? (@AS_Monaco) April 11, 2017
— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) April 12, 2017
Monaco as a return to the favor said they will reimburse fans up to the value of €80 following the extra night stay in Dortmund.
Explosions hit the team bus of German soccer team Borussia Dortmund ahead of the first-leg clash of UEFA Champions League quarter-final against AS Monaco on Tuesday, injuring one player, local police said.
So far no evidence indicated that the explosions were of “terrorist” nature, German news agency DPA reported, quoting security sources.