EURO 2016 : Man Planning 15 Attacks On The Euros Arrested
Ukraine’s security agency SBU has told the press that a French national who was detained last month with a large arsenal of arms was planning a mass attack on the EUROs.
The 2016 edition of Europe’s elite international competition will commence in France from June 10.
French media has identified the man as Gregoire M.
The 25 year old was arrested on the Ukraine-Poland border.
SBU chief Vasyl Hrytsak said that Gregoire is an ultra-nationalist and had been planning 15 attacks.
“He had amassed guns, detonators and 125kg of TNT,” Mr Hrytsak said.
French TV network M6 broke the news and described Gregoire as a worker at a farming company based in Lorraine, France.
It was also reported that he has no previous criminal records.
The SBU officials also stated that they had been monitoring the suspect since December.
The SBU also said that Gregoire had purchased 5 Kalashnikov, 5000 rounds of ammo, two anti-tank grenade launchers, 100 detonators and a large quantity of explosives.