Cristiano Ronaldo Tells Real Madrid He Wants To Leave Club After Bernabeu Bust-Up
The former Manchester United forward was ‘outraged’ after being accused of evading €14.7 million (£13m) in tax by Spanish prosecutors – and had threatened to leave Real Madrid last summer.
He had even admitted in court that his heart is set at a return to England but Man Utd did not make an attempt to bring him back.
Ronaldo eventually opted to stay at the Bernabeu when Real Madrid issued full support to the four-time Ballon d’Or winner in the wake of tax evasion charges.
But now Ronaldo has reportedly told the Los Blancos bosses that he will leave the club next summer as he is not happy with the new contract extension offer that Real Madrid have offered him.
According to Spanish website Don Balon, Ronaldo was furious after going through the details of the contract extension that the club want to offer him and the Portugal skipper is not willing to stay at the club beyond this season.
“Cristiano has already told the club he wants to leave, he is very angry about the offer of renewal, he considers that he needs more affection, the club does not value him,” journalist Edu Aguirre from ‘El Chiringuito’ said.
“He told Florentino Perez to facilitate the departure for a small fee.”
And reports claim that Perez is ready to let him leave as he is keen to revamp his misfiring squad.
Ronaldo has conquered the footballing world – breaking all goalscoring records since making a then world record move from Manchester United to Real Madrid in 2009.
However, he has seen a dip in his form this season.
Ronaldo has six goals to his name in the Champions League so far, but the Portugal skipper has struggled to find form in the La Liga this season – with just one goal to his name in seven appearances.
Ronaldo could not feature in Real Madrid’s opening four La Liga games this season after picking up a suspension in the first-leg of the Spanish Super Cup win over arch-rivals Barcelona.
But when he returned to action, Real Madrid suffered a shock 1-0 defeat against Real Betis.
The Los Blancos endured their worst nightmare as they succumbed to a 2-1 defeat against minnows Girona last weekend followed by a demoralising 1-0 loss to Tottenham in the Champions League on Tuesday – piling up huge pressure on Zinedine Zidane.
Real Madrid are now eight points behind current league leaders Barcelona.
And now Perez wants to set up a new attacking trio with Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Harry Kane, according to Spanish reports.
Neymar has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid and reports claim that the Los Blancos bosses are ready to offer Ronaldo to PSG as a part of cash plus swap deal for the Brazilian forward.
Reports claim that Neymar is not happy with life at PSG despite displaying incredible form since his world record £200m move from Barcelona this summer.
Real Madrid bosses have reportedly decided to put Gareth Bale for sale after becoming frustrated with the Welshman’s never-ending injury problems.
Sources reveal that Real Madrid are keen to replace him with a young player and have identified Paris Saint Germain’s Kylian Mbappe.
Mbappe, who joined PSG on a season-long loan from Monaco with an option to buy next summer, has displayed incredible form so far this season.
But, AS claim that the Los Blancos bosses are desperate to rope in the French wonder-kid and are ready to splurge over £177million in order to secure his services next summer.
Perez also wants Harry Kane, who has emerged as one of the brightest stars in the world of football after his incredible displays for both club and country in 2017.