Transfer News & Rumours: Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool Done Deals Plus More From Across All The Major Leagues
The silly season of summer transfer window is well and truly upon us and the weekend saw some surprising moves, like the clubs and players involved in a game of chess, only with a football and those hairstyles (talk about coming back from a break, jeez!)
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is still looking for that elusive striker while Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho are both expected to add to their ranks before the curtain-raiser.
Last year’s PFA Player of the Year Riayad Mahrez, meanwhile, could still leave champions Leicester and Liverpool are on the verge of completing a deal for a new defender.
That’s just from the Premier League… (>.<) ‘Twas World Emoji Day after all!
Monday Transfer LIVE:
Chelsea are also keen to re-sign their former striker but depending on Costa’s push to join Atletico Madrid which he has so far denied!
Oh Hal-Yeah! It seems the Welsh Euro 2016 favourite, Hal Robson-Kanu, is going to stick around in Europe by rejecting a mega money £100,000-a-week switch to China. And Hull City is the likely stop for this striker. If confirmed he would be the Tigers first major signing this season.
Well, quite the gossip this! It seems Chelsea’s Diego Costa has NOT, I repeat NOT, handed in a written request for transfer. According to Sportsmail:
— Mike Keegan (@MikeKeegan_DM) July 18, 2016
No deal for Candreva? Antonio Candreva’s proposed move to Inter Milan could be off, according to Gazzetta Dello Sport.
The Lazio playmaker, who starred for Italy under Antonio Conte at the European Championship, is a target for Roberto Mancini’s Inter but they are refusing to pay the 29-year-old’s £20million price tag.
Patience my precious! Real Madrid have requested Paul Pogba for some time as they work on putting together a £100million bid for the Juventus midfielder.
Spanish paper AS have reported that Los Blancos have talked to Pogba, who is believed to favour a move to Madrid over Manchester United.
No exit for Mata from Old Trafford? A day after Mourinho recalled Juan Mata in their first friendlies against Wigan, even after scoring one for the team, talks of Mata getting the sack has gone large. But when asked, this is what he said:
— Manchester United (@ManUtds_News) July 18, 2016
Costa writes it down! Diego Costa has handed Chelsea a written transfer request, according to reports in Spain.
Both Mundo Deportivo and Cuatro say the Brazilian-born striker wants to move back to Atletico Madrid, and has formalised his intent with a request.
Transfer news of a different kind:
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) July 18, 2016
Seems like Sir Branson will ‘wing’ it for Man Utd as he holds flop Memphis Depay’s No.7 jersey! And Mourinho benching young blood rumours are true…hmm!
Tottenham eyes Marseille’s Georges-Kevin N’Koudou. Tottenham have opened talks with Marseille over an £11million deal for winger.
N’Koudou is a skilful and quick winger who can also play behind the striker and has also been followed by West Ham, Arsenal and both Manchester clubs this season.
Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.Gotze is surplus! That’s according to
Mario Gotze is on the cusp of returning to Borussia Dortmund with the clubs in talks over a move. The 24-year-old, who has also been linked with Tottenham and Liverpool this summer, has been told he is surplus to requirements in Munich
Joe Allen in demand! Manchester United have become the latest club to be linked with a move for Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen. With the Welshman’s future at Anfield in doubt, Francesco Guidolin’s are keen to take Allen back to the Liberty Stadium, but United are now also considering their options, report the South Wales Evening Post. West Ham and Stoke have also been rumoured to be pondering a move for the 26-year-old
Juan Cuadrado be feel the Blues…because Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has confirmed his return to Stamford Bridge.
Max Allegri took charge of Cuadrado during his loan spell with Italian giants Juventus last season.
LFC eye Klavan. If rumours are true, Estonia captain Ragnar Klavan will become Liverpool’s fifth signing this season.
The experienced defender will join for a fee of around £4million, potentially rising to £5million, from German club Augsburg as cover for a central defence wrecked by injury.