Oscar Confirms Mega Money Move From Chelsea To Shanghai SIPG Is ‘90% Done
Out-of-favour Chelsea midfielder Oscar has now confirmed that he will make a switch to Chinese Super League side Shanghai SIPG in January.
The attacking midfielder insisted that only a few “bureaucratic details” need to finalised before he officially moves to China to join Villas-Boas.
He said: “It’s 90% right. It just depends on some bureaucratic details.”
Shanghai SIPG will pay Chelsea 60 million euros for the 25-year-old, who is expected to agree to personal terms this week, Brazil’s Uol said on Tuesday, citing sources with knowledge of the negotiations.
Oscar joined Chelsea after the 2012 Olympic Games and enjoyed early success at the London club. But his opportunities have been limited since the arrival of Italian coach Antonio Conte in July.
He has appeared in just nine of Chelsea’s 15 Premier League matches this season and has not started since their 2-1 League Cup loss to West Ham in October.
Oscar will be following a growing number of Brazil internationals to join Chinese clubs in recent years. Among them are Paulinho (Guangzhou Evergrande), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan), Diego Tardelli (Shandong Luneng) and Luis Fabiano (Tianjin Songjiang).
Shanghai SIPG finished third in the Chinese Super League this year and last month appointed former Chelsea coach Andre Villas-Boas to replace Sven-Goran Eriksson.
Other Brazilians currently in the Shanghai SIPG squad are forwards Elkeson and Hulk.