High tension drama ends as David de Gea’s move from Manchester United to Real Madrid is called off. Real Madrid officials have released an official statement in which they asserted that the club left no stones unturned to bring De Gea to Santiago Bernabeu.
In the official statement, the Spanish giants have put the entire blame on Manchester United for missing the deadline as necessary paperwork was not submitted in time.
Real Madrid Blame Man Utd For De Gea ‘Fiasco’
Real Madrid have just released a 10-point statement explaining step-by-step what happened in the David de Gea negotiations last night. To summarise:
1. Manchester United did not open negotiations for David de Gea’s transfer until yesterday morning
2. Real Madrid, despite the short notice and difficulties caused by this, agreed to enter negotiations
3. When United entered the negotiations, they made it clear that an agreement had to be reached with Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas and started talks with his representatives
4. Real and United reached a rapid agreement on the transfer of both players. The required documents were drafted leaving sufficient time in order to proceed with the FIFA TMS procedure before the Spanish deadline. Real forwarded the contracts to Manchester United at 13.39 Spanish time.
5. Man United sent the contracts back to Real eight hours later at 21.43 Spanish time, including minor modifications. All the changes were accepted immediately by Real in order to get the player registered with TMS and the Spanish league
6. Real Madrid, after obtaining the signatures of De Gea and Navas, sent the signed contracts back to United at 23:32 Spanish time. Real then waited to receive the final documents signed by United.
7. United reached a final agreement with the representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time. It was at that time that the contracts were sent to the player and signed.
8. United entered the data for De Gea into the TMS system at midnight Spanish time but not that of Navas. The signed transfer contracts were sent to Real simultaneously. Real received the full documentation at 00:02 and tried to access the TMS system, but it was already closed.
9. At 00:26 Spanish time, the computer system of FIFA TMS sent an invitation to Real Madrid to fill in the data of De Gea. Given that the deadline for registration in England remains open today, Real decided to refer the contract to the Spanish league, even knowing that the deadlines had expired
10. In short, Real has done everything necessary, and at all times, for these two transfer to go through.
Earlier the clubs negotiated a double deal where Manchester United showed interest in bringing Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas to Old Trafford in exchange with De Gea but the deal was not completed as the clubs failed to register the necessary paperwork before the Spanish transfer window shut its proceedings.
The De Gea transfer saga continued for several weeks and it was apparent the deal would stand as Louis Van Gaal did not involve the Spanish goalkeeper in the Champions League qualifiers as well as in the opening games of this year’s premier league campaign.
The transfer saga dragged on for several weeks with both the clubs negotiating late into the evening on Monday but finally failing to reach a conclusion. This left football aficionados to wonder, what actually went wrong between the two clubs as they failed to strike the deal before the deadline.
ALSO READ: LIVE Transfer News: De Gea, Berahino, Pogba, Moses, Jelavic, Austin, Berbatov – Deadline Day Gossip, Done Deals
However in the press conference arranged by Real Madrid on Tuesday, they made it clear that it was not their mistake that led to this mishap and accused Manchester United of not opening negotiations for David de Gea’s transfer until yesterday morning.
Manchester United officials have not yet commented on this statement released by Real Madrid.