Chelsea striker Diego Costa has been heavily linked with a move back to Spanish capital Madrid recently.
Media outlets in Spain have claimed that the 27-year old has handed in a formal transfer request to the Chelsea hierarchy, as he looks to force a move back to his former club Atletico Madrid.
Reports in Spain that Diego Costa has handed in a transfer request. He hasn’t. #cfc
— Mike Keegan (@MikeKeegan_DM) July 18, 2016
But a recent revelation by a close-aid of the Blues forward told FootTheBall sources that the player is very happy at Chelsea and enjoying life in the British capital.
He also said that Costa had no plans to leave the club, as the Brazil born Spain international wants to work under new boss Antonio Conte.
Chelsea have already added more fire-power to relive some stress from Costa’s shoulders as they signed Michy Batshuayi from Marseille, who will most likely be paired up-front with Costa.
Even if Conte decides to play 1 up-front, Costa’s place in the first-team is not under threat as he is still the number one choice as a center-forward for the Stamford Bridge outfit.
Enrique Cerezo, President of Atletico Madrid declared interest in the player last week while talking to reporters.
“Costa played for us for a few years and he’s a really good player, no one can deny that,” he said.
“I don’t know if Costa has spoken to Conte, but we’re working to hard bring the best players to Atletico.”
Chelsea signed the aggressive striker in 2014 for a fee of £32 million and has been fairly successful with 32 goals to his name in 54 games.