Big Money Move To Chinese Super League ‘Impossible To Refuse’, Claims Brazilian Agent
Brazilian international midfielder Lucas Lima is poised to join a Chinese Super League club next year after receiving an offer that is “impossible to refuse,” his agent said on Wednesday.
Wagner Ribeiro, who manages the affairs of several top Brazilian players, did not reveal the name of the club, but said the proposal included an annual salary of more than 15 million US dollars.
“There is a Chinese club that has made a proposal that is impossible to refuse. No club or player could say no,” Ribeiro told Radio Globo on Wednesday.
“I spoke to him (Lima) yesterday. We want a written proposal from the club. When it arrives, Santos will make a decision,” he added.
Sports investment group Doyen owns 80 percent of Lucas Lima’s economic rights, but Santos has the final say on whether to sell the 26-year-old, who has been capped 13 times for Brazil.
Lima’s current deal with Santos expires at the end of 2017, meaning he will be free to sign a pre-contract with another club in July.
It is not the first time Lucas Lima has been linked with a move to a Chinese club, with reports last year suggesting he was close to joining Hebei China Fortune.
China is an increasingly attractive destination for Brazilian footballers, with a number of current and former national team players representing Chinese Super League clubs.
Among them are Paulinho (Guangzhou Evergrande), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan) and Diego Tardelli (Shandong Luneng).