Rio 2016: Nigeria’s Olympics Soccer Team To Open Training Camp In Atlanta
HERE IS ALL THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT:
- The NFF said its decision to choose Atlanta was at the behest of coach Samson Siasia.
- Atlanta witnessed Nigeria’s historic triumph in the Olympics football event 20 years ago.
- According to Siasia the venue was chosen in order to “psychologically prepare” his boys for victory in Brazil.
- Nigeria has named a 35-man provisional squad which includes Chelsea star Mikel Obi ahead of the camping.
- The team will also play a number of friendlies while preparing hard for the Olympic football event, the local football federation said.
- Adding the training program would make it easier for the U23 team’s handlers to draw a final list of 18 players for the competition.