Nigeria’s U23 soccer team will open its training camp in the United States ahead of the forthcoming Olympic Games in Rio, Brazil, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) said on Friday.
HERE IS ALL THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT:
- The NFF said its decision to choose Atlanta was at the behest of coach Samson Siasia.
- Atlanta witnessed Nigeria’s historic triumph in the Olympics football event 20 years ago.
- According to Siasia the venue was chosen in order to “psychologically prepare” his boys for victory in Brazil.
- Nigeria has named a 35-man provisional squad which includes Chelsea star Mikel Obi ahead of the camping.
- The team will also play a number of friendlies while preparing hard for the Olympic football event, the local football federation said.
- Adding the training program would make it easier for the U23 team’s handlers to draw a final list of 18 players for the competition.