Welcome Mr Blanc! Inter Set To Sack Frank de Boer As Former PSG Boss Gears Up For San Siro Job
Inter Milan are struggling right now and amid the rumours that new boss Frank de Boer might be sacked, the Nerazzurri fans in for some more turmoil.
De Boer had earlier this week said that he wasn’t sure if he will still be at the club for the upcoming match against Torino on Wednesday.
Laurent Blanc could replace de Boer by the end of this week and could take charge of his first game as early as next week – when the Nerazzurri face Southampton in the Europa League.
De Boer will get the sack with immediate effect if the former Ajax boss fails to avoid defeat against Torino on Wednesday, having lost three consecutive games.
A win, will only delay – what is now clear to everybody.
Blanc spent three years at the Parc de Paris winning three back-to-back Ligue 1 titles with the French giants PSG, but was sacked this summer after he failed to win the Champions League.
“He is interested in the offer,” a source close to Blanc told La Parisien. Blanc is also a former player of the Italian giants having spent 2 years at the San Siro, from 1999 to 2001.
De Boer’s Inter Milan beat Southampton 1-0 last week in the UEFA Europa League match at the San Siro, giving the Dutchmen some hope that he still has the boards confidence.
“President [Erick] Thohir and [club owners] Suning are not in Italy but they are right behind the team,” de Boer had said last week.
“I feel the club’s confidence in me but we need a win to turn things around.”
Inter’s Chinese owners have already spoken with Laurent Blanc and promised the former Manchester United star big transfer budget for the January window.