Chelsea have stepped into the chase to sign the £32million-rated striker Michy Batshuayi from Marseille.
It is understood that Batshuayi wanted to join a Champions League club is also keen for an agreement with the Stamford Bridge club.
On Monday, Crystal Palace’s bid was accepted by the French side but there is no confirmation from the 22-year-old striker.
Here’s the development to this story:
- Marseille needs to raise £21million or risk sanctions from regulatory body DNCG.
- The French club need to sell before July 5 to avoid transfer embargo.
- Chelsea has offered £33Million with agent Phil Zahavi working on a deal.
- Crytsal Palace’s £32Million bid was accepted by Marseille but not confirmed by the player.
- Tottenham had been confident of signing the 22-year-old striker.
- Batshuayi, still playing at the Euro 2016, will make decision after tournament.
- It is understood he is keen to be holding out for a club playing Champions League football.