marcus rashford

Torres Released From Hospital Following Horror Head Injury In Atletico’s Draw With Deportivo

Former superstar Fernando Torres has now been released from the hospital following a horrific clash of heads during ’s 1-1 draw with Deportivo La Coruna.

The former man left the hospital this morning after undergoing the final tests and the club confirmed in a statement that he is stable now.

The club statement read: “A cervical magnetic resonance has corroborated that Fernando Torres has no alterations or traumatic injuries after the blow to the head that he suffered on Thursday.”

The former Liverpool striker fainted following a horrific clash of heads with Deportivo’s Alejandro Bergantinos, before later regaining his senses.

Torres’ head hit the ground in ugly fashion before worried team members rushed to help him.

Atletico Madrid hierarchy including manager and teammates were left in a state of shock as they feared the worst after having heard of Hull City midfielder Ryan Mason, who broke his skull after a horrific clash with Chelsea defender Cahill last during a Premier League clash last month.

Deportivo’s Alejandro Bergantinos later visited Torres in the hospital and the former Liverpool man asked him not to feel bad about the situation.

After his visit to the hospital, Bergantinos said: “He is very well and happy. They have told him how he is and he has understood perfectly,”

“He told me to be calm and that these things happen.”

“He told me that something like this happened years ago.”

Bergantinos added:“He was calm and even smiling. He remembers an occasion he had and other things, but he does not remember anything about our collision.”

After the horrific clash Torres’ head hit the ground in ugly fashion before worried team members rushed to help him.

The situation looked serious as Torres lost consciousness but fellow teammates Gabi and Sime Vrsaljko quickly reached inside the striker’s mouth to prevent him from swallowing his tongue and later Deportivo’s club doctor praised the duo’s presence of mind.

Deportivo club doctor Carlos Larino said: “They did what they had to do.”

“Gabi got bitten while trying to get his tongue.”

“The attention was very quick. What they did was perfect.”

Larino added: “It doesn’t allow you time to be scared. These injuries are alarming for those who aren’t used to it. He was breathing on the pitch, he was unconscious for a couple of minutes so it took us a while to get him onto the stretcher.”

Torres received treatment on the pitch for several minutes and was later carried off on a stretcher, wearing a neck brace.

Initially the club had tweeted that the striker suffered a ‘brain trauma injury’ as Torres was rushed to hospital on an ambulance.

And then Doctors had announced that the former Liverpool ace was out of danger after Torres underwent a series of cranial and cervical CT scans. However, the docs had instructed the Atletico Madrid superstar to maintain all protocols and spend the night in the hospital.

After recovering from the horrific injury, Torres tweeted: “Many thanks to all concerned by me and for your messages of encouragement.”

“It was just a scare. I hope to return very soon!”

After the 1-1 draw, Atletico boss Diego Simeone had said: “Torres is conscious, he has a head trauma. We are worried and very nervous after the scare.”

He later added: “We expect the best for Fernando Torres.”

Rojiblancos striker had said: “I don’t really care now about football or the result, only worried about Fernando’s health at moment. Hope he’s okay and back soon.”

While speaking about his worst fears when Torres lost consciousness, Felipe Luis had said: “It was something very scary for us all.”

“News we’ve received so far is positive, most important is Fernando recovers okay.”

However, Torres’ brother Israel had earlier nullified fears as he posted a message.

He wrote: “Thanks to everyone for their support and concern.”

“At the moment it seems it will all just be a big fright.”

The horrific clash shook the entire footballing fraternity and messages flooded in from all over the world.

His former club Chelsea and ex-teammates Cesc Fabregas and Didier Drogba sent their best wishes.

You don't have permission to register