Pride will be at stake when Antonio Conte’s Chelsea lock horns with Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal in the FA Cup final clash on Saturday at Wembley.
Catch All The LIVE FA Cup Final Action on FootTheBall.
Pedro is the only Chelsea player to reach double figures for both goals (13) and assists (11) in all competitions this season.
Sanchez has been involved in 44 goals in 50 appearances for Arsenal so far this season (29 goals, 15 assists).
CONTE Vs WENGER (2016-17)
CONTE – MAJOR TROPHIES
WENGER – MAJOR TROPHIES
WHAT MANAGERS SAY
Arsene Wenger: “It will not be my last match because whatever happens I will stay in football. Would it be a nice farewell? No, what I want is to win the next game. I love to win and I love to do well for my club. I want to win the cup for my club. It’s not about me, it’s about us winning the trophy and giving everything to achieve it,” via Eurosport.
Antonio Conte: “To win the title this season becomes great. This season can become fantastic if we are able to win the FA Cup. We must find the right motivation. It’s important for us to celebrate, but then to find the right fire in our soul to be ready to work very hard this week to prepare and to feel in the right way this game.
This is a great opportunity to win and to do the double. If you ask me who is the favourite now, I can tell (you) it’s Arsenal [who are favourites],”
FA CUP FACTS
- This will be the second FA Cup final contested between Arsenal and Chelsea.
- A win for Arsenal would see them claim their 13th trophy.
- If Chelsea were to win, it would move them to eight FA Cup trophies.
- Wenger could win his third FA Cup in four seasons by beating Chelsea.
- If Arsenal Win, Wenger would set a record for most FA Cup wins as a manager (7).
- Conte could become the 5th Italian manager to win the FA Cup, with three of the previous four achieving this at Chelsea.
- Chelsea haven’t lost any of their last four FA Cup Finals.
- The last team to beat them were Arsenal in 2001/2002.
- Arsenal’s 20th FA Cup final appearance, the most in history.
- The Gunners haven’t lost any of their last five FA Cup Finals.
- Chelsea have lost just twice in their last 13 games against Arsenal in all competitions.
- This will be Arsene Wenger’s 57th game against Chelsea as Arsenal boss.
Arsenal: Cech; Holding, Mertesacker, Monreal; Bellerin, Ramsey, Xhaka, Gibbs; Alexis, Ozil; Welbeck
Chelsea: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Matic, Kante, Alonso; Hazard, Costa, Pedro
[lineUPS matchid = “133493”]