Red Devils manager Jose Mourinho has hit back at Antonio Conte over his Chelsea successor’s latest comments.
Conte, who had a successful hair transplant in a Canadian clinic, said he is determined to avoid a ‘Mourinho season’.
Conte, who guided Chelsea to Premier League triumph in his debut campaign in England last season, is eyeing to defend the crown, but their last title defence having won the previous season saw them finishing tenth following a disastrous spell under former Blues boss Mourihno.
The Blues finished 10th under caretaker boss Guus Hiddink as Mourinho was sacked before Christmas after a series of disastrous performances.
Conte had expressed the importance of “avoid[ing] the Mourinho season with Chelsea
But now, Manchester United boss Mourinho has given a brilliant response to Conte’s criticism.
When Mourinho was asked about his rival’s comments after United’s 3-0 friendly win over Valerenga on Sunday, the Portuguese boss hit back with a dig as thinly veiled as Conte’s hairline.
Mourinho said: “I don’t know,” he said.
“I could answer in many different ways but I’m not going to lose my hair to speak about Antonio Conte.”
United are set to lock horns with Sampdoria on Wednesday in their final friendly game of the pre-season tour before the UEFA Super Cup clash against Real Madrid, and Mourinho insisted that he is happy with his team’s preparations so far.
He said: “It was good for us because of the good pitch, the opponent was very well organised, trying to play from the back,” he said.”
“After the U.S. and jet lag, it was a good match where I could play 45 minutes each player and now a little rest before the Sampdoria match.”
“Until now, no injuries, so let’s see if we can start the season in this positive situation.”