Chelsea Risk Taking £20M Hit For Diego Costa With Atletico Madrid Only Willing To Cough Up £30M
Chelsea are set to take a £20million hit on their asking price for wantaway star Diego Costa.
The Chelsea hierarchy have slapped a price tag of £50m on the Spanish striker but his former club Atletico Madrid are only willing to splurge £30m.
Costa still has a house in Madrid and he is set to land in the Spanish capital next week in order to force through his return to Atletico Madrid.
Diego Simeone’s side are well aware that Costa’s transfer value would drop with every development in the war of words between the Spanish striker and Chelsea.
According to reports, the La Liga side have suggested that they will not increase their offer and Chelsea are now facing the heat as the transfer window shuts at the end of this month.
Wantaway Blues star Diego Costa has made it clear that he will disobey Chelsea orders and fly off to Spain in order to force through a move to Atletico Madrid.
FootTheBall had earlier reported that Premier League champions Chelsea had given Diego Costa four conditions to fulfill before the club bosses will consider selling him.
The Blues bosses had given the Spaniard the ultimatum as he did not return to London and showed no interest in playing for the club.
The Blues hierarchy had given Costa four conditions before they would consider his demand of a move to Atletico:
He must return to Cobham.
Costa must return to training.
He must prove his match fitness.
And Costa must put him into contention for a first-team place.
But in a statement, Costa has now said: “My destination has already been decided. I must return to Atletico Madrid.”
“It turns out that there is the impasse that Chelsea do not want to release me.”
“But I believe that this situation will be resolved now on my return to Spain.”
Wantaway Blues star Diego Costa had also claimed that he is being treated like a “criminal” by Chelsea.
— FootTheBall⚽ (@FootTheBall) August 17, 2017
Costa has also launched a legal case against Chelsea over his pending exit from Stamford Bridge.
Earlier last week, Costa’s lawyer Ricardo Cardoso had threatened the Blues of legal action regarding the treatment of the Spaniard – mainly for blocking his anticipated return to La Liga side Atletico Madrid.
In an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail, Costa had accentuated that he is being held against his will as he desperately wants to join his former club Atletico Madrid.
He had said: “I am waiting for Chelsea to set me free. Why won’t they let me go if they don’t want me?”
“My desire is to go to Atletico. I’ve spoken to Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia. I said, ‘If the manager doesn’t want me, I want to go to Atletico Madrid.”
“They want me to be there training with the reserves. I wouldn’t be allowed access to the first-team dressing room and I would have no contact at all with the guys. I’m not a criminal! I don’t think it is fair after all I have done to be treated like that.”
Costa, who has not returned to Chelsea and is training alone in Brazil have slammed Antonio Conte of dismissing him via a text message.
Costa’s summer so far has seen him clowning around in a multi-coloured wig, driving quad bikes, training on a beach alone and partying in an Atletico Madrid shirt.
Costa has been fined £300,000 after failing to report for training two weeks ago.
And now Spanish club Atletico Madrid have reportedly offered to pay his fine once he joins his former club.
Costa was expected to return to London to work on his fitness ahead of a move – but now the Spaniard has made it clear that he will not head back to Chelsea and instead he will fly off to Spain in a bid to force through his move to Atletico.
Reports yesterday also claimed that La Liga club Deportivo La Coruna are willing to rope in Costa on a short-term loan until January.
And that would allow Atletico Madrid to sign him in the new year.
Another possible way out is for him to join Atletico now and spend the next few months training on his own.
Diego Simeone’s side can still buy new players but they cannot register them due to a Fifa transfer embargo which will end in January 2018.