Premier League giants Liverpool have agreed in principle with Barcelona over a staggering £90m offer for Philippe Coutinho, according to huge claims from Brazil.
After losing Neymar to PSG on a world-record move, Barcelona have £200million in the bank and the Catalan giants are now looking forward to spend the cash on signing world-class players.
Barcelona bosses have been negotiating a deal for Coutinho the last few weeks and earlier reports had claimed that the Brazilian star have already agreed personal terms with the La Liga giants.
Barca are also eyeing to rope in Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembele and Chelsea’s Eden Hazard, but at the moment, Coutinho is their top priority.
However, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has repeatedly said that Coutinho will not be allowed to leave Liverpool.
Klopp said: “I can understand that Coutinho is so highly rated, but they can save their energy.”
Coutinho is the highest paid player at Liverpool after signing a five-year deal with the Reds earlier this year – taking home a wage packet of £150,000-a-week.
Reds boss Jurgen Klopp wants to bring the glory days back at Liverpool and Coutinho is in his plans for the long-term future.
But ESPN Brazil claim that Liverpool have accepted a £90m offer for Coutinho.
Reports claim that the La Liga giants are convinced that they have landed their top target, following a meeting Barcelona and Liverpool bosses.
The transfer move to La Liga will make Coutinho Barcelona’s all-time record signing, and reports claim that the Brazilian have informed the Liverpool bosses that he is keen to make a switch to the Nou Camp.
Barcelona have not turned down the possibility of announcing the deal by Wednesday, suggesting that Coutinho could make his Barca debut against arch rivals Real Madrid on Sunday.
The report also claims that Barcelona are also keen to sign Dortmund’s Dembele and Real Sociedad defender Inigo Martinez.