Sadio Mane will join Liverpool as the third most expensive player in Anfield’s history and also revealed he will wear one of the least distinguished numbers.
On Tuesday, Mane confirmed the much expected news of him joining the Reds. He said, “I’m very happy to sign for one of the biggest clubs in Europe”.
The Senegalese forward was all smiles as he emerged from his medical at Liverpool ahead of his £30million transfer from Southampton.
Mane also gave a thumbs up to the cameras present at the Liverpool University Hospital and his agent and club management discussing the terms before the transfer is completed.
Some key highlights of this deal:
- The Senegalese forward left Royal Liverpool University Hospital wearing shorts with on the left leg.
- Liverpool are set to sign Sadio Mane from Southampton for £30million
- A fee of £30m, less than the Saints’ original £40m asking price, puts Mane only behind Christian Benteke (£32.5m) and Andy Carroll (£35m) in terms of transfer fees paid for a Reds player.
- Sadio Mane joined Southampton from Red Bull Salzberg for £11.8million in 2014.
- Klopp was impressed by Mane when he scored twice and inspired a dramatic 3-2 win over Liverpool at St. Mary’s on March 20 last season.
- The 24-year-old becomes Liverpool’s fourth major singing.
- Mane has 25 goals in his 75 Premier League games so far.
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) June 28, 2016